Friday, February 29, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Black Channa - 1 cups
Jeera - 1 tsp
Corriander seeds - 2 tsp
Methi seeds- 1/4 tsp
Onion - 1
Curry leaves - few
R.Chillies - 5
Coconut - 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind - one small lime size (soak in water)
Salt - to taste
1. Soak Channa & pressure cook next morning.
2. Fry in little oil - Jeera, Corriander seeds, methi, chopped onion, curry leaves,R.chillies. Keep aside.
3. Then fry the coconut till it gets a nice brown colour.
4. Grind all the fried ingredients to a fine paste.
5. Now in a pan add oil & once hot add the mustard seeds. When it splutters at the ground masala & fry well for 5 minutes.
6. Then add tamarind extract & salt & bring the gravy to a good boil. Finally add channa & bring to a good boil & check on the gravy consistency.
Serve hot......... goes well with rice & rotis!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
"Nice Matters Award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.”
I was telling my daughter i got an award & she was like so wheres the trophy! Ha Ha!! Kids have their own thinking....
I have been in blog world only few months.. still a baby, learning slowly & trying to grow. Made a lot of friends & feels more like an extended family. Look forward to all comments / suggesstion all of you leave. Appreciate the time each of you take behind every comment & the sweet words.. its been fun blogging & every morning with my hot cup of coffe i log onto the blog world!!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
This is an easy dosa & requires no fermenting! Its very soft & fluffy too.
Udad Dhal - 1 cup
Maida - 3 cups
Salt - 3tsp
1. Soak Udad dhal for 2 hours & grind to a fine paste.
2. Mix the maida in a big container with lots of water without lumps. Add salt to it. Cover it & put it in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours. The maida will settle & water will be on top after couple of hours. Throw away the water.
3. Now to the maida, add the ground udad & mix it in well. Spread as regular dosas & cover & cook only on one side.
Hot hot Udad Maida dosas are ready!
Spicy Tomato chutney, goes very well, with these soft dosas.
Tomato - 4
Oil - 2tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Channa Dhal - 1tbspn
Curry leaves - few
Red Chillies - 5
Salt - to taste
1. In a pan add oil & once hot add the mustard seeds, jeera & curry leaves.
2.Then add the channa dhal & fry it till its slightly golden brown in colour. Add the red chillies & saute 2 minutes.
3. Finally add in chopped tomatoes & fry for 3-4 mts. Allow to cool before grinding. Add required salt to the chutney.
For a variation, i add cilantro instead of curry leaves for a different taste. Adding green chillies can also be done.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Potato - 2
Onion - 3
Tamarind - Small lime sized (soaked in water)
Chillie Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - To taste
Oil - 2 tsp
1.Pressure cook the potatos. Peel them & cool them completely. Cut them into medium sized cubes.
2. In a pan add the oil. Cut the onions into small cubes & saute them till slightly transparent.
3. Then add the chillie powder & mix it well. Now pour in the tamarind water & bring to a boil.
4.Then add the potatoes, salt & mix well. Add little water & bring it to agood boil.
You will see the gravy thickening a little. Serve hot with rice & dhal...This is a perfect combination! Simple & yet delicious.
Friday, February 8, 2008
Its been interesting, trying out recipes & they all turned out so yummy & delicious! Its nice learning new recipes & meeting all my new friends. Though i started blogging only about 4 months back, i have made so many friends that, i feel this is another part of my family here that i interact with -"My Blog Family". Thanks to all of you for taking time to leave comments & sweet words.. I always appreciate it!!
Here's the first few recipes i tried.....
Microwave Masala Peanuts: These were super easy & real yum! We had a party at my place & my first trial at this.. i made one batch & loved it & rightaway made 2 more batches.. it was gone in a jiffy!! With drinks in hand.. do i need to say these vanish pretty fast.. believe me, you know these are not deep fried & low cal, so you go on & on.... Thanks Asha for a nice & guilt free recipe!!
LINK : http://aromahope.blogspot.com/2007/10/saffron-squash-patties-and-mw-masala.html
Vegetable Pulav or Bhath: Again a super hit!! Made this for a baby shower & it was loved by all. I followed the recipe to the dot, just i changed the veggies, as did not have Zucchini & bean on hand! I put in peas, lima beans instead & made it. We loved this one.. Asha Thank u:-)
LINK : http://aromahope.blogspot.com/2007/02/vegetable-pulao.html
Dry Garlic Chutney: This one was very nice & we loved it with curd rice. I thought mixing some of this with butter or cream cheese would make a lovely spread on crackers. But it did not last that long for me to try different things :-) Thanks Asha!! LINK: http://aromahope.blogspot.com/2007/03/gajar-masala-roti-with-garlic-chutney.html
Pineapple Sheera: This one tasted great. Different from our regular sheera, but delicious. A nice way a fruit to go in along with the sweet..... Even my kids enjoyed it. Thank you Shilpa :-)
Moru Kolumbu: I had decided to try this the minute i saw the photo on her blog! To top it she used so many ingredients - that i never use in my method of moru kolumbu. So i tried it & it was real yummy... i thought it would last for next days lunch too... but it was all gone :-) Thanks Laav for a great recipe !
Eggless Date & Walnut Cake: This was was a Super-Duper hit at my place & with all our friends too! By request, i have already baked this cake - 6 times :-) Yes, we truely love it & are ready for it always! I thought i had pictures of it, but can't find... not to worry.. i will bake one soon & update it here. Thank You Pravs for an awesome recipe!!LINK: http://simplyspicy.blogspot.com/2007/11/eggless-banana-cake-with-raisins-dates.html
Thank You, dear blog friends, for sharing all your wonderfull recipes, i truely enjoy reading all posts & learning new stuff every day!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
1. Soak the biboo for 2-3 hours in hot water. If using regular cashews - no need to soak.
2. Peel the biboo & pressure cook for just 1 whistle. Raw cashews too pressure cook.
3. Cut all veg into 1 " long pieces length wise & put in a pan. Now add to the half can of coconut milk & water - just enough to cover veg. Add in slit green chillies & cover & cook.
4. The veg will get cooked & when almost done, add in the biboo/ cashews, salt & stir all well.
5. Now add the rest of the coconut milk & slowly bring to a boil. Once it boils if you want to thincken the gravy just take the rice flour & mix it with little water & make a paste & pour it into the dish & stir well. Bring to a boil again.
6. Season with ghee, jeera & curry leaves.....Serve hot.
You can just eat it by itself. It goes well with any spicy curry too.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Friday, February 1, 2008
2. In a pan add oil & saute the thinely sliced onions till their almost brown. Then add the minced garlic & saute for 2 mts.
3. Now add the chillie powder, turmeric powder & mix it well. Now add the finely chopped tomatoes & tamarind water.Stir it all well & cook this on a medium flame till the tomatoes are mashed up & masala leaves oil.
4. Now add the cooked peas, goda masala, garam masala & salt. Mix everything well & add water to bring it to a desired consistency. Bring it to a good boil.
Garnish it with cilantro leaves & serve hot with pooris or rotis! Real yummy dish.