Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pal Payasam


Pal Payasam or Kheer is a popular sweet in India & liked by all. Its made by all for all major festivals & a must for every wedding too. Its a nice dessert and you can make it real quick too.

Heres my version of Pal Payasam!

Ingredients:

Whole Milk - 5 cups
2% milk - 5 cups
Raw Rice - 3/4th cup
Sugar - acc to taste

Method:

1. Wash the rice & set aside.

2. In a cooker add water( as u keep for cooking rice) & keep a big vessel & pour in the milk. Add the washed rice & cover the vessel with a lid. Close the cooker & put on the weight.

3. Keep for 2 whistles. Then turn gas to low & keep for another 45 minutes. Turn off & then once cool completely only open it.

4. Add required sugar & stir in well... serve slightly warm or cold, however u like it!

Enjoy your Payasam!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious..I love anything sweet..And this is one of my fav

Anonymous said...

Love pal payasam and as you said can see pal payasam in all south indian wedding. Nice recipe.

Kalai said...

Perfect looking payasam! My husband's fave! :)

TBC said...

My mom made this a lot, but I would never touch it. :-)

kamala said...

That looks lovely seema.All time favourite at my home

Dhivya said...

love palpayasam..mom used to make it..so so yummmmmmmm

Meera said...

Looks good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

sandhya said...

Lovely payasam...

Purnima said...

Seema, yours looks perfect n color too good! Thks for sharing the whistle part n cooking time!Shall try this someday!

Uma said...

easy way of making payasam. looks delicious.

Laavanya said...

The colour is awesome Seema.. Now I know what I did wrong when trying to make this in the cooker.. I added the milk directly instead of in a vessel. Will try it this way next time - Thanks! :)

Lavanya Raj said...

Looks great..This is the first dessert i cooked i remember..

EC said...

Pal Payasam is the best among all types of payasam acc to me...good one

ushaprashanth said...

Hi seema!
Payasam looks lovely!!! you can use basmati rice to have a nice aroma. and just put some cashews,raisins sauteed in ghee to enhance the taste!!!!

Sushma said...

we call it rice payasam.. my all tim efav

Anonymous said...

I make pal payasam regulary for any festival. it hs become traditon in my house now

Red Chillies said...

Easy yet tasty, no that is what I like! Looks lovely Seema.

Sagari said...

delecious payasam seema

Divya Kudua said...

Payasam looks lovely.Its colour is perfect,pinkish..I bet it tasted as heavenly too.This is a new and easy method,shall try it soon.

Suganya said...

This is my fav.... Looks YUM!.... Turned out so good....Nice recipe...

Pravs said...

Perfect payasam ! I have posted a pressure cooker payasam too, but i cooked direct in cooker body. So simple and easy to make right ?Looks so yum.

Anonymous said...

Dear Seema:
I tried this recipe last night, my family & I absolutely loved the sweet, sour, peanut crunch tast.
Yummy! Keep such reciped coming. I love your blog.

Thanks,

Radhika.

Hetal said...

the payasam looks delicious....Would love to see u on my blog.