So heres my First Entry to RCI - Konkani hosted by Deepa of Recipes n More.
Black Channa – ½ cup
Raw Banana – 1
Drum stick – 1
Potato – 1
Toor Dhal – ½ cup
Salt - To taste
For Masol or Gravy:
Coconut – 1 cup
Red Chillies – 5
Dhania – 2 tsps
Udad Dhal – 1 tsp
Haldi – ¼ tsp
Tamarind – a small piece
1. Soak channa over night and pressure cook well.
2. Wash the toor dhal & pressure cook & set it aside.
3. Cut the banana & potato into big cubes & drumstick into 2 inch pieces. Cook these vegetables in a pan with enough water. Add just a little salt.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the pressure cooked channa to it.
5. MASOL : Fry the coconut in a pan till it turns brown. This will take a good 10-15 minutes. Do it on a medium flame as otherwise it will get burnt out. Fry the other ingredients too & grind all these to a fine paste adding very little water. The masol is ready.
6. Add the masol to the veggie & channa & bring to a good boil. Then add the cooked dhal & salt & bring everything to a good boil.
Authentic & delicious Soy Bhajjili Ghjassi is ready.Enjoy it with rice & a simple upkari – Vegetable & pappad on the side!