Thursday, March 20, 2008
This is my Moms recipe & comes out real good. A Favourite at my place & it goes well with rice or rotis too...Simple & easy to prepare!
Beetroot - 3
Coconut - 1/4 cup
Red Chillies - 4
Jeera - 2 tsp
Oil- 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Udad Dhal - 1/4 tsp
Salt- to taste.
1. Pressure cook the beetroot for 2 whistles. Onc it cools down, peel of the skin & chop it into small cubes.
2. Grind together - coconut, jeera & red chillies to a paste.Add water as required for grinding.
3. In a pan add oil & season with mustard seeds & udad dhal. Then add the chopped onions & fry till its translucent.
4. Now add the ground masala & fry well for 5-7 minutes.
5. Add the chopped beetroot & salt & mix well. Add little water & bring it to a good boil.
The Beetroot cuury is ready. Enjoy it with Phulkas or just rice & dhal!