Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Udad Maida Dosa with Tomato Chutney
This is an easy dosa & requires no fermenting! Its very soft & fluffy too.
Udad Dhal - 1 cup
Maida - 3 cups
Salt - 3tsp
1. Soak Udad dhal for 2 hours & grind to a fine paste.
2. Mix the maida in a big container with lots of water without lumps. Add salt to it. Cover it & put it in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours. The maida will settle & water will be on top after couple of hours. Throw away the water.
3. Now to the maida, add the ground udad & mix it in well. Spread as regular dosas & cover & cook only on one side.
Hot hot Udad Maida dosas are ready!
Spicy Tomato chutney, goes very well, with these soft dosas.
Tomato - 4
Oil - 2tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Channa Dhal - 1tbspn
Curry leaves - few
Red Chillies - 5
Salt - to taste
1. In a pan add oil & once hot add the mustard seeds, jeera & curry leaves.
2.Then add the channa dhal & fry it till its slightly golden brown in colour. Add the red chillies & saute 2 minutes.
3. Finally add in chopped tomatoes & fry for 3-4 mts. Allow to cool before grinding. Add required salt to the chutney.
For a variation, i add cilantro instead of curry leaves for a different taste. Adding green chillies can also be done.