Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Black Eyed Bean Curry
Black eyed bean, also knows as Chowli (North) , Karamani (South) are very high in protein content. There are quite a few dishes one can make from this & here's my first one.
Sending this to Susan, from the " Well seasoned cook" who's hosting the event - MY LEGUME LOVE AFFAIR. Check more details at :
Thanks Susan for hosting a lovely event!
Black eyed bean - 2 cups
Onion - 3 no
Tomato - 2 no
Ginger-garlic paste - 1tsp
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Channa Masala - 1 tsp
Cilantro - finely chopped
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Soak the bean overnight & pressure cook. Be careful not to over cook these.
2. In a pan add oil & finely chopped 2 onions. Grind the other onion into a fine paste.
3. Once slightly done, add Ginger-garlic paste & saute few minutes. Now add the onion paste & fry till the raw smell goes off.
4. Then add chili powder, Channa masala & tomato finely chopped or as puree. Mix all well & bring to a boil.
5. Then add the cooked bean & salt & add little water & bring to a good boil. Add little garam masala & cilantro.
Your curry is ready & this goes well with rotis. Serve a raita as an accompaniment & your all set!