Thursday, December 27, 2007

Shrimp Curry


Today was my very first try at this shrimp curry & it came out awesome!! Perfect taste & very yum. I got this recipe from my friend Jaya & here i am rightaway sharing with my blogger friends.

Ingredients:

Shrimp - 30 ( cooked & jumbo ones)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3 tbspn

Fry in oil & grind to a fine paste:

Onion-1
Tomato-1
G.chillies-1
R. chillies-2
Fennel seeds (sombu) - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 5
Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tsp

For Marination:

Lemon juice - 1 tbspn
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp

Method:

1. Wash the shrimp & drain water well from it. Now marinate it in lemon juice, turmeric powder & pepper powder for 10 minutes.

2. In a cooker add little oil & fry all the ingredients listed & gring them to a fine paste.

3. Now add remaining oil & put in the ground masala & fry for 5 minutes. Then add the marinated shrimp & salt & stir everything well.

4. Close cooker & cook for 1-2 whistles. Do not add water.

Your Shrimp curry is ready !

3 comments:

Sagari said...

nice recipe seema my husbend loves shrimp a lot i will try your recipe soom

Meera said...

Wow! i love anything with shrimp in it. Will try surely. Thanks for sharing.

Seema said...

Sagari- This is very easy & real good. Try it & let me know.

Meera- Try it out soon & leave me a feed back.