Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Beans & Potato Udad Methi Curry
This is a new recipe that i just learnt this past weekend from my friend's mom. It tastes great & goes well with chappathis. My very first try & it was a great hit at my place !
Beans - 1/4 pound
Potato - 2 no
Coconut - 6 tbspns
Red Chillies - 4
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind - A small piece
Udad Dhal - 1 tbspn
Methi Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tsps
Mustard - 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves - Few
1. Cut the beans into 1" long pieces & potato into medium size cubes. Put the veggies in a pan. Add little salt & water. Cover & cook till 90% done.
2. Fry the red chillies in a drop of oil. Grind them with coconut, tamarind & turmeric powder to a fine paste.
3. Roast udad dhal & methi in a pan without oil. Just till udad dhal turns slightly reddish in colour.Now add this to the ground coconut mixture & grind again till all mixes well.
4. Add the ground masala to the cooked veggies, add more salt as required & bring to a boil.
5. Season with mustard seeds & curry leaves.
Serve hot. Goes well with chappathis.