Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Cranberry Thokku (Pickle)
Cranberries - Why only use it in desserts.. use it to make a pickle too! When, my friend Deepa said this, i said, pickles from Cranberries? Interesting right??? Well, finally i did muster courage to try.. & result was great recipe. Thanks Deepa!!
Cranberries - 1 pack (I used 12 oz pack)
Oil - 4 tbspns
Mustard seeds - 1 + 1 tsp
Methi Seeds - 1 tsp
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Chili Powder - 2 tsps
Turmeic powder- 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
1. Wash cranberries in a collander & set aside to dry off.
2. In a pan, dry fry 1 tsp of mustard & methi seeds & powder coarsely.
3. Add oil to pan & 1 tsp Mustard seeds & hing. Let it splutter, then add the washed cranberries & stir well.
4. It will mash up & come together in few minutes.. Then add the chili, turmeric & salt & mix well.
5. It will be all mashed & come well together, now add the coarsely powder mustard & methi mixture & stir in well for 2-3 minutes. Your Cranberry Thokku is ready!!
Its a little bit on the sour side...so increase the spice level accordingly. But tastes good, something different !! Your Cranberry Thokku is ready.