Monday, October 29, 2007
Garbanzo Beans ( English),Kabuli Channa (Hindi), Konda Kadalai (Tamil) is a great bean & very nutritious. You can make quite a few things out of this & heres my first recipe....
Garbanzo Beans - 1 cup
Oil - 2tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Jeera seeds - 1/4 tsp
G. Chillies - 3no
Curry Leaves - few
Coconut - 2 tbspns
Hing - little
Salt - to taste
1. Soak the bean over night. Pressure cook for 1-2 whistles with just enough water for it to cook in.
2. In a pan add oil, mustard, jeera & when it splutters, add the hing, G.chillies & curry leaves.
3. Then add the cooked bean, salt & mix all well.
4. Stir for few minutes. Add little water so that all the flavours get into the bean. Cook for few minutes, till water evaporates.
5. Then add grated coconut & stir.
Your Channa Sundal is all ready!! Enjoy the sundal....