Pavakkai - 2
Onion - 2
Tamarind - 1 small lemon size (soak in water)
Coconut - 5 tbspns
Corriander seeds - 2 tsps
Meethi seeds - 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies - 4 or acc to taste
Sugar - 1 tsp
1. Cut the Pavakkai into thin round slices. Apply salt & set aside for 10 mts.
2. In a pan add just the coconut & fry till its brown in color. Then fry the dhania, red chillies & meethi with a drop of oil. Grind all these 4 to a fine paste along with tamarind.
3. Now add oil in a pan & add finely sliced onions & saute till golden brown.
4. Deep fry the salted Pavakkai & set aside. Fry till its crispy & well done.
5. Add the ground masala to the sauted onions & add the fried pavakkai too. Add salt, sugar & very little water & bring to a good boil.
Serve this hot. Its yummy & goes well with rice & dhal!