We also love having Sheera after eating a plate of Bajjis!!! Yum Yum!! It sounds wierd, but a hot glass of Filter coffee, bajjis & sheera on a cold / rainy day.....Wouldnt that be great? Try it out & you'll know what a great combo this is.
Rava - 1 cup
Sugar 1& 1/4 cup
Kesari Colour - little
Elaichi powder - 1/2 tsp
Cashew & Raisins - a handfull
Ghee - 3-4 tbspns
Water - 2 & 1/2 cups
1. In little ghee fry the nuts & set aside.
2. Now in the same pan, add little ghee & fry the Rava till slightly golden brown.
3. Boil water in a pan & set aside
4. Add the sugar to the sooji & mix well. Then add the boiling water & keep on stirring. Make sure no lumps are there.
5. Add little colour, elaichi powder & mix everything well & cook till its done. Takes about 5 - 8 mts.
For Serving - You can serve in a bowl or you can grease a bowl with little ghee, put in some fried nuts & raisins on the bottom of the bowl, then fill it up with the Sheera & place the katori on a dessert plate upsidedown & empty it & you'll get a great presentation.
I would like to pass it on too...
1.RC of Red Chillies.
2.Uma of Essence of Andhra.
3.Happy Cook of My Kitchen Treasures.
4.Raaga of Chef at work.