Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Seven Cups Burfi
"Diwali" - The festival of lights, is a festival, celebrated throughout India. Its a festival of lights, fire works, sweets & savouries. Sure all are getting geared up, to celebrate this festival & are making some amazing sweets & snacks in their kitchen !!
Well, here's my first post for this occasion...This recipe is my mom's & i learnt it from her.
Badam - 1 cup
Besan - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Sugar - 3 cups
1. Soak badam in water for couple of hours. Then peel the skin off & grind badam along with milk to a fine paste.
2. Now pour this ground paste in a pan, along with all other ingredients & stir on a medium high flame continuously.
3. After about 20 minutes, you'll see it thickens & bubbling up.
4. Wait for another few minutes & you'll see it bubble up more & leave sides of vessel.Usually time taken to get right consistency is anywhere from 25 - 30 minutes.
5. Then transfer to a greased plate. Wait till slightly cool to cut into pieces.
Your burfi is all ready to be served!!