Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Thatai - is a nice crunchy, munchy snack that all love. Its easy to make & has a long shelf life too... if it last that long!!
I got this recipe from my friend Gayathri, a few years ago & have made many times. Its comes out great everytime!! Thanks Gayathri, for a great recipe :-)
Rice Flour - 1 cup
Udad Flour - 1 tbspn
Channa Dhal - 1/2 cup
Hing - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Chillie powder - 3/4 tsp
Butter - 1 tbspn
Curry leaves - few
1. Soak Channa dhal in water for an hour. Drain & set aside.
2. Measure all other ingredients & add the channa dhal & mix well, till butter mixes well with all the flour.
3. Then add required water & make dough like chappathi batter.
4. Make small balls & set aside.
5. If u have a "Roti Maker" U can press the small ball on that. This helps in faster making process & gets a almost perfect round shape. Else use 2 ziplocs greased with some oil & pat this ball in between them with your fingers to get a even layered round shape.
6. Deep fry in oil, till slightly golden brown.
Your Thatai is ready!!